Little Rock Young Adult Volunteer Site Coordinator
The Little Rock Young Adult Volunteer (YAV) site coordinator implements the YAV program at the Little Rock site and promotes both the Little Rock YAV site and the YAV program as a whole. The Little Rock YAV site focuses on the areas of environmental sustainability and emergency preparedness, and it is a partnership between Ferncliff Camp and Conference Center, Presbyterian Disaster Assistance, and Second Presbyterian Church in Little Rock. The site coordinator is responsible for coordinating the work of the YAVs and the collaboration between local agencies, staff, governing board, and volunteers.
Essential position tasks and responsibilities:
- Get ready to host participating YAVs for a year of service and learning
- Participate in interviewing, selection and screening of YAV candidates
- Oversee YAV community relationships and housing
- Coordinate orientation for YAVs upon arrival to site
- Coordinate supervision for each YAV in their work placement
- Prepare annual budget for site
- Implement the Little Rock YAV program
- Provide training, guidance and support for YAVs during their year of service and learning
- Monitor progress and situation of YAVs through one-to-one visits, communication and consultations
- Facilitate regular YAV gatherings and retreats
- Coordinate programmatic support for YAVs in spiritual growth, leadership development, intentional community and vocational discernment
- Ensure payment of stipends and other funds provided for volunteer expenses
- Maintain regular financial reporting practices
- Promote the Little Rock YAV site and the YAV program as a whole
- Actively recruit YAVs
- Promote goals, vision and experience of the YAV program to churches and the wider college community and PC (USA)
- Regularly update information on the YAV website and provide information as needed to the office for Young Adult and National Volunteers
- Coordinate YAV efforts with PC (USA), Arkansas Presbytery and local churches
- Participate in gatherings of YAV site coordinators
- Work in cooperation with and provide regular reports to the local board
- Serve as a colleague in ministry with other YAV site coordinators
- Mature Christian faith
- Experience working with young adults
- Knowledge of and experience with the YAV program and with the governing bodies of the PCUSA is preferred.
- Basic skills in budget management
We seek a responsible self-starter with strong organizational and communication (written and oral) skills. The ability to plan and execute projects reliably and meet deadlines is a must. The successful candidate has the ability to work with diverse constituencies, is skilled in conflict resolution, and can appropriately nurture individuals growing professionally and spiritually. The ideal coordinator is excited about young adult leadership development and is comfortable working with faith communities in the Presbyterian Church (USA).
The YAV Site Coordinator is considered an employee of Ferncliff who reports to the YAV Local Board and has a close working relationship to the Ferncliff staff. Ferncliff’s Personnel and Policy Manual will apply to this position.
This is a year round, part-time position at 20 hours per week and $20,000 annually. Shared office space will be made available at Ferncliff if needed. For further information or to apply, please contact Rev. Lindy Vogado, Search Committee Chair at (501) 227-0000 or send resume and cover letter to her at Second Presbyterian Church, 600 Pleasant Valley Dr., Little Rock, AR 72227.